Friday, August 10, 2012

Friday Fitspiration: It's not gonna happen overnight...


I know I've told my story before but let me briefly explain what I've been tying to accomplish. I have been working out for the last year and a half or more trying to get fit! Notice I used the term "fit" and not "skinny". I'm not on a 12 week eating plan or one of those DVDs you do for a month. I'm definitely not knocking people who do these things because I have tried them myself. Especially the DVD's. There's nothing wrong with DVD's! The only thing that would be wrong is if you expected to keep the weight off after those 30 days or 90 days without putting in any effort...then you'll have a problem.

The point I want to get across today is that becoming fit doesn't happen overnight. Everyone always asks me "Kiesha, what do you do in the gym?" "Kiesha, I wish I could do what you do.". I reply with my workout routine and tell them "You CAN do what I do". The truth is that they just don't want to put in the effort!

Being fit and healthy is a whole lifestyle change! It's something you do for LIFE. My "trainer" knew that I wanted to lose 20lbs and wanted to feel comfortable with my body. He would say to me "You didn't put on that 20lbs overnight so don't expect to lose it overnight." How true is that?! Also, one of my absolute favorite quotes is "Don't be angry with the results you did not get from the work you did not do!".

I hope this post helped some of you today! Remember to keep pushing yourself! TRUST ME, one day you will look in the mirror and be very happy with what you see and you'll wonder "Woah! When did this happen?!"


KEEP PUSHING!






No comments:

Post a Comment